Good news soldier..!
If you are a Gamer and stream online, you can now earn money through the Twitch affiliate program.
If you are a regular broadcaster on Twitch and you meet the eligibility criteria for being a twitch affiliate, Within a few weeks after your channel becomes eligible, you will be invited via email and in the Notification Area in the upper right corner of twitch.tv.
Requirements for Becoming a Twitch Affiliate
- At least 500 total minutes broadcast in the last 30 days
- At least 7 unique broadcast days in the last 30 days
- An average of 3 concurrent viewers or more over the last 30 days
- At least 50 Followers
The Requirements may change as the program advances but currently, the above-mentioned criteria will get you through the horizon.
Once you reach the threshold for becoming an affiliate, you will receive a mail from the Twitch Team and to set up your account click “Get Started” on the link received and follow these steps.
- Go to Creator Dashboard and select the Preferences tab.
- Sign the Twitch Affiliate Agreement, agreeing to the terms of the program.
- Mention all the Basic, general information required for the program.
- Provide your TAX information.
- Give information about Affiliate payout where you will receive your payments.
- Direct Deposit to the bank account
- Hold Payments ( In case of any change in payment methods ).
so, once you have completed the above steps, you will be a Twitch Affiliate. You can read more about payouts here.
How Do Twitch Affiliates Generate Revenue
The more subscribers you generate the more your money you will make as a streamer.
Twitch share 50% of the cost of subscription to the streamers and keep other 50% to itself.
The tier 1 subscribers pay $4.99/month so you get to keep $2.50 a month for every tier 1 subscriber, Tier 2 subscriber pays $9.99/month so you generate a profit of $5 a month for every tier 2 subscriber and the Tier 3 subscriber pays $24.99/month so your profit share is $12.5 per month for every tier 3 subscriber.
As it is evident that the more viewers subscribe to your streams more revenue you will be able to generate from Twitch. For every 100 subscribers, you will get $250 from Tier 1 subscribers, $500 from Tier 2 subscribers, and $1250 from Tier 3 subscribers.
More the subscribers count bigger the payout amount.
Should You Join Twitch Affiliate Program
There is nothing more fulfilling in this world than getting paid for doing what you love. And if someone tells you about a program where you just have to do your regular stuff i.e, streaming video-games, and you will be paid according to the viewership you get on your channel and the subscriber count, I guess nobody would deny it.